Sunday, October 20, 2013

FNSI Results

I'm late getting up my results because I worked night shift this weekend. Sorry ladies! As mentioned previously, I'm working on my project for the upcoming "For the Boys" blog hop so please excuse the cryptic photos...

 I'm hanging my pictures to be traced on the patio door and taping the fabric in front. My fancy lightbox lol.
 These are some of the strips I have cut out for my project.
 These are the big squares I'm using to trace my handstitching designs.
 Here is one square with the wash away stabilizer. This is my first time using this and I'm not sure If I even like using it.
 Just a quick snap to show the sturdiness the stabilizer gives.
 Here are bits of my stitchings.
 Back view

I have two squares complete and a third 3/4 of the way. With my son home, it is not easy finding a way to work on this, plus this afternoon I slept more than yesterday. So many people with colds, I'm not arguing about needing my rest. School starts up again tomorrow, so I should have more time to give this project. Enjoying it immensely. Especially feel good and sneaky about making something for my son that I know he will love and be so surprised when he receives at Christmas!

Thanks Wendy for another fun and successful FNSI! See you again next month.

11 comments:

  1. you did well,lovely sneek peaks.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sneaky pics. Can't wait to see the finished project. And a blog hop is a perfect way to get those gifts done, isn't it. Should have joined that one - chickened out :)

    Thanks for joining us. It was great fun. love and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm in that hop, too! I am really interested in seeing what this becomes, because it already looks like something my older son would like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done with your sneaky peeks. Good luck with the new stabilser.

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like you are having fun...even if you are not giving too much away about what you are making!!! haha...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done. Getting some stitching done is always great.
    Enjoy making up the gift. I'm sure he'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very interesting glimpses! Can't wait for the reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello,

    Always appreciate at least a sneaky peak. Washaway stabliliser have only seen that on blogs, different people have had different results so it will be interesting to see how it all ends. Hope you manage to get some more stitching done.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm very interesting sneak peeks you have too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks like a fun project! I always use the window as my light box - even better now that we have new double glazing instead of lots of small panes in our French windows.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely crytic photos!! It is always interesting working behind someone's back while living in the same house!

    ReplyDelete